Public services
  >Private Mooring
Private Mooring
Please download Adobe Acrobat Reader and install the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print PDF documents.

According to section 6 of the Shipping and Port Control Ordinance Cap 313, laying of private mooring in the waters of Hong Kong requires the written permission from the Director of Marine. Application for permission to lay private mooring can be made to Private Mooring Sub-unit.

Applicants are advised to read the relevant guidance notes and information notes of Points System for Private Moorings before submission of an application.

Download Application Forms & Guidance Notes:-

  • Application for Permission to Lay Private Mooring ( Form MD 528 & Guidance Notes );
  • Notification for Transfer of Ownership of Private Mooring ( Form MD 547 & Guidance Notes);
  • Update Information for Extension of Permission to Lay Private Mooring upon expiry of the validity period ( Form MD 548 ) ;
  • Notification for Change of Particulars of Owner of Private Mooring/ of Vessel for which the Mooring is intended to be Used ( Form MD 549 & Guidance Notes).
Submission of Application

The completed application form together with the required documents shall be submitted to the following address:

Private Mooring Sub-unit
Central Marine Office
East Wing, 3/F,
Harbour Bldg,
38 Pier Rd, Central,
Hong Kong.

Contact Us

Enquiries or applications for laying a private mooring for local vessels, please contact the officer-in-charge of Private Mooring Sub-unit at telephone (852) 2545 0264 or Fax: (852) 2581 9588.